I have known the Noni plant from primary school-days, but not as a health food but rather as a nuisance fruit; the children all referred to the fruit as dog dumplings.
There were trees on the perimeter of the school grounds and the road o the entrance of the school, we were careful to avoid stepping on the soft smelly fruit; but I do not recall anyone who made reference to the fruit or tree in relation to a health food.
My awareness began as late as five years ago when I began researching plant based diets; i even planted a tree in my back yard which is now full of fruit; but I am yet to start formulating a recipe for its use. As someone on limited blood pressure medication, I am duly cautious.
Noni gained popularity as a miracle cure for all sort of ills, but one should not get carried but pay attention to its health benefits, with some caution.
Noni Juice was used for medical conditions for more than 2000 years in China, India and Polynesia. Many health experts across the globe are lauding its benefits in modern health care. The juice and fruit are mostly used; but the bark, leaves and root have also been used in Polynesia.
1. Boost the immune system.- contains antibacterial agents that fight infectious bacteria.
2.skincare/hair: we once had a visitor from the USA staying with us and he was excited to see the plant in the back hard. He was a regular user of a Japanese compound for his hair, and he recognizes the fruit from the images of the package. Noni is rubbed on the shin and scalp to help keep hair healthy and skin young.
3. The Tree for headaches or pain killer. It is used to relieve arthritic or joint pain. (Analgesic)
4. Hypertension.Noni contains a compound that may help lower blood pressure.
5. Fights cancer. Contains a substance that helps reduces the growth of tumors and development of cancer.
6. Constipation/Irritable BowelSsyndrome: High in soluble fiber to help soften stool and keeps your intestines healthy.
7. Antibacterial?anti fungal?antiviral: Contains properties to help fight diseases.
8. Cholesterol: Helps to reduce plaque in the arteries to boost good health and longevity.
9. Memory. Boost brain health by keeping the brain oxygenated.
10. Sedative / Antidepressant. Contains important hormones that affects mood, sleep and emotions.
Nutrients in Noni Juice.
Noni juice contains many helpful vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients; it is known for its use in healing various medical conditions.
Vitamins B1,B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Vitamin C, E, and beta-carotene
Minerals: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium.
Medical Conditions: it is no wonder Noni attracted so much attention when you consider the number of medical conditions listed in its use.
Antioxidants.contains an impressive group of antioxidants.
Reduces Muscle Spasms
Protects Heart Health
Relieves Arthritic Pain
Cures Memory Impairment
Treats Gastric problems
speeds up healing
Noni juice contains a high concentration of potassium which may interact with various drugs used for curing high blood pressure. Be sure to consult a doctor familiar with Natural Medicines.
Kidney Problems. Noni juice should not be taken by individuals already suffering from kidney problems.
List of drug that may interact with Noni Juice.
potassium acid phosphate
Side effects associated with using Noni Juice
High blood potassium
Liver damage, including liver transplant
Advance kidney disease
Consult a medical doctor before using Noni Juice particularly if you are on any kind of medication; and preferably a doctor trained in Natural medicine or herbal medicine.
For further reading search for Health Benefits of Noni Juice and Side effects of noni juice; example – rxlist.com. webcrawler.com or foodndtv.com. There are also many other sites on the Internet.
Cognitive Function Test 11A-Sentence
Identify The Six-Word Sentence
The letters are jumbled- not according to correct spelling but the words are in the correct order
Clue 7 + 3 + 5+ 4 + 5 + 4= 28
T P C E R OT E H T V L R E I T W H I Y U C I J N I O N
Copyright 2018 Courtney Devonish