The kiwi fruit was introduced in the late sixties when still living in the UK, as an expensive exotic fruit., the original name was Chinese gooseberries but later renamed the Kiwi fruit after the New Zealand Kiwi bird some tropical fruits became available as the numbers of immigrants to Europe grew; but one had a lot of new fruits to choose from. Nowadays fruits from all over the world can be found everywhere.
Kiwi was still considered an exotic fruit in the 1980s; IT was not until the 1990s that kiwis became a standard fruit and could be found on the shelves of supermarkets and fruit stalls al over the world.
History of the Kiwi Fruit.
Kiwis have been native to china for centuries, where they grew in the wild; but were first brought to New Zealand in 1904. Kiwis were first brought to France in the 1940s but generated little interest until the late 1970s when the plants were introduced to Europe and North America.`Kiwis are now grown in several countries around the world.
Top Countries where kiwis are cultivated
Italy is now the largest producer of kiwi fruit in the world, followed by New Zealand and Chile
After researching the facts about the fruit, I now eat the skin, rather than pealing the hairy fruit, which was the normal practice.; even the furry skin has special benefits.
Kiwi fruit was named after the small, furry brown Kiwi bird from New Zealand.
Not all kiwi fruit is fuzzy; there is a smooth bronze skin Kiwi that is sweeter and more aromatic in flavor
History of the Kiwi Fruit.
Kiwis have been native to china for centuries, where they grew in the wild; but were first brought to New Zealand in 1904. Kiwis were first brought to France in the 1940s but generated little interest until the late 1970s when the plants were introduced to Europe and North America.`
Health benefits of Kiwi Fruit
- Improves Digestive Health (Helps you digestion with Enzymes (So does papaya and pineapple/ high fiber that prevents constipation and other intestinal problems. Helps manage Blood Pressure (High level of potassium/Protects from DNA Damage/ counteracts the effects of salt.)
- Protects from DNA Damage
- Boosts immunity
- Supports Weight Loss
- Improves Digestive Health
- Helps clean out toxins (fuzzy fiber)
- Helps fight Heart Disease ( 2 to 3 kiwis a day may help reduce the potential of blood clotting
- Suitable for Diabetics
- Protects Against Macular Degeneration and Other Eye Problems.
10. Creates Alkaline Balance (one of the most alkaline fruits with a rick supply of minerals)
11. Protects the Skin.( Good sources of Vitamin E)
12. Has fewer pesticides (on the list of the top 10 safest foods.2016)
Would You Like To Grow Your Own Kiwis?
Kiwis grow on vines, the vines are planted in rows of 3 to 5 meters apart.
Well-drained fertile soil
Shelter from wind
Protection from autumn and spring frosts
Fertilizers- nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium
Have you ever heard of Zespri?
Zespri is one of the world’s leading horticultural companies and the recognized leader in kiwi fruit1
For more information on the Kiwi fruit and its growers, visit the following web sites
Alimentarium.org. Beef2live.com. /kiwi fruit. C2.com/green living. Teara.govt.nz. Zespri.com.
Enjoy consuming the kiwi fruit not only for its taste, but for its health benefits, skin and all.
ARE YOU RESEARCHING YOUR HEALTH FOODS?
Cognitive Function Test -61
Find the numbers that cannot be divided by all three numbers -2,3 and 4